Hilton Head Personal Injury Attorneys
Uncompromising Representation When You Need It Most
Given the fact that millions of people visit Hilton Head Island every year for vacation, the chances of getting injured are high. Anything can happen at any time, whether it be a bike collision, jet ski accident, or car crash. Whatever the case may be, know that our team of lawyers is here to help.
When you choose our Hilton Head personal injury lawyers, you will get unwavering commitment to helping you reach your bottom line: maximum compensation for your pain and suffering.
No one should get away with causing your injuries without paying the costs of your recovery and other damages. As such, you can depend on our injury attorneys at Horton & Associates, LLC to strategically negotiate for the best possible outcome in your situation so you can move forward.
With 25+ combined years of experience, you can trust our team at Horton & Associates to handle your personal injury case in Hilton Head, SC. Schedule your free consultation online or at (843) 420-1344.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Injuries tend to catch people off-guard, and while this is normal, it’s crucial to get legal help right away. The sooner you retain a proven law firm to handle your case, the higher your chances of recovering substantial compensation.
With this in mind, our personal injury services in Hilton Head, SC include:
- Car accidents: Auto accidents are among the leading causes of injuries in Hilton Head. We can determine who is liable for your collision and work towards a positive outcome on your behalf.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents are common and extremely damaging, but our personal injury lawyers can help you get back on your feet by negotiating a high settlement.
- Bicycle accidents: Hilton Head is well-known for its beautiful bike trails. Many people travel by bike, but by that same token, those individuals are at risk of getting injured in a bike accident. If that is the case for you, you’ve come to the right law firm.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists lack the same protections and shielding as drivers. They are exposed to dangers such as speeding vehicles, distracted drivers, bad weather, poor road conditions, and other factors that could injure motorcyclists at far higher rates than drivers.
- Pedestrian accidents: As an attractive tourist destination, Hilton Head is full of locals and visitors alike. No matter how familiar you are with the island, you can get injured by a driver, bicyclist, or motorcyclist at any time, resulting in pain, loss of normal functions, and a mountain of bills. For these reasons and more, you should obtain competent legal counsel right away.
- Slip and fall: Property owners have a duty of care to keep you safe from harm. That’s why if you slipped and fell on a wet floor in a grocery store, for instance, the owner could be held liable for your injuries. We can help hold property owners responsible for your injuries, as a result.
- Wrongful death: Losing a loved one due to another person’s negligence is one of the most traumatic and devastating experiences one can go through. An unexpected death can put families in tough financial and emotional positions, but we can help recover compensation to help alleviate your burdens. No amount of money can ever make things right, but it surely can help you.
What to Do After an Accident
If you were injured in Hilton Head, it’s important to take some important steps to not only protect yourself from further harm but also to build your claim. Accidents know no boundaries, as they can happen at any time and anywhere, and affect anyone.
That being said, if you were injured in an accident, we encourage you to follow the steps below:
Call 911: Even if you don’t need to go to the hospital, you need to call 911 so the police can arrive at the scene and file a report. The police report will be useful when you file a claim.
Get medical help: When you call 911, they will ask if you or anyone involved in the accident is injured. If that is the case, they should send medical help right away. Even if you don’t end up going to the hospital, you should seek medical care as soon as possible because a doctor may detect injuries that you didn’t notice yourself.
Gather contact and insurance information: Obtain the names, phone numbers, and insurance details of anyone involved in the accident, including witnesses. Such information includes the insurance company name and policy numbers, driver’s license numbers, plate numbers, and descriptions.
Document the scene: Take photos and videos of the accident scene. This will serve as evidence for your claim and help you in court if you pursue litigation. Be sure to record your injuries, the causes of your injuries, your surroundings at the time of your injury, and other relevant details.
Report your accident: Although the police will file a report when they arrive at the scene, you want to also report your accident to the police, the DMV, and your insurance company within the specified timeframes.
Hire a lawyer: One of the most important things you can do following your accident is hiring an attorney. When you do, they can walk you through your next steps, advise you of what to do, and protect your rights and best interest throughout the process. Your lawyer can work with the insurance companies and the other parties’ legal counsel on your behalf, while not settling for anything less than what you deserve. Our attorneys bring these qualities to the table and much more.
To get in touch with our Hilton Head personal injury attorneys, schedule a free consultation online or by calling (843) 420-1344.